Sugar free or reduced sugar sauces that are also gluten-free.
Delicious over seafood or ham
Warning - Do not use unless you are at Level 3! Pineapple has a lot of sugar!
- 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple with juice from can
- 1/2 cup Turbinado sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Stevia (raw/green or processed/white)
- 1/2 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 Tablespoon+/- Dijon or Spicy Brown mustard (to taste)
- Dash cloves
- Dash ginger
- Raisins (optional - to taste)
- Mix brown sugar, cornstarch & salt in small saucepan.
- Stir in undrained pineapple, lemon juice and mustard
- Stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until mixture boils.
- Continue stirring and boil for about one minute until thickened.
- Serve warm. Delicious over ham, or coconut seafood (fish or shrimp)