Coconut Tilapia Saute
Scrumptious Coconut Tilapia Saute! I love seafood - fish not so much, but I could happily have eaten the two extra pieces of Coconut Tilapia instead of saving them for tomorrow's warm-up. It was that good, and even a little better with tartar sauce I made by mixing mayonnaise, sweet relish and a big pinch of horseradish. Mmm, mmm good!
4 Tbs. Olive Oil
1 lb. Tilapia
1/3 cup Organic Blue Corn Meal
1/3 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
1 Tbs. +/- Curry Powder
1 egg (or 1/2 cup Almond milk)
Remember recipes are simply guides. Experiment with different seasonings (I love Curry. My dad hated it, so I might have just seasoned with salt and pepper or maybe Chile Powder if I was cooking for him). Try another flour - Maybe Quinoa or Almond or almost any gluten-free flour.
Corn on the Cob - 3 minutes in boiling water for perfect, crisp corn.
Make your salads right on the plates to create an appetizing dinner platter.
1. Beat egg with whisk or fork til well blended
2. In a separate container (I used a small rectangular glass baking dish), mix together Corn Meal, Coconut
and Curry Powder
3. Heat the Olive Oil on medium
4. Dip the fish in the egg and then in the coconut mixture and coat well. Put each piece on a plate, ready for the hot oil.
5. Place breaded fish in hot oil and saute for about 3 - 4 minutes per side til golden brown.
6. Serve with a green salad, and optional corn on the cob (remember corn is universally contaminated with fungus, so use it occasionally if at all) or mashed sweet potatoes.
7. ENJOY this quick, easy Coconut Tilapia Fry!